We believe that reference data management encompasses much more than just static information about securities. What matters is the integration of this data into the investment and reporting process. You need a comprehensive view of your securities that includes issuers, industry codes, risk attributes, liquidity, system ids, benchmarks, pricing, FX rates, and user defined tags. You also need to ensure that all of your data categories are aligned and accessible across the entire enterprise.
What sets MIK's Security Master apart from others is its comprehensive stand-alone functionality as well as its integration into the data warehouse. With its ability to manage and share information across multiple sources, not just a single back-office system, our security master is the cross-reference tool for your applications (e.g. OMS, Accounting, Prime Brokers and Fund Administration books and records) and analysis. This solution allows you to keep security master reference data in sync with other sources, and eliminates the need for maintenance of disparate data sources and/or manual data entry across multiple systems.
Security Master provides the following benefits:
- Enterprise Security and Price Master - time series data and audit trail
- Global asset coverage for all listed and OTC security types
- Real time alerts and oversight via custom user dashboards and messaging
- Seamless system integration with major third party apps (Accounting, OMS, Risk Metrics, Imagine,) etc.
- Workflow management to automate business validation, definitions and processing
- Standardized adapters to all major reference data, pricing and valuation vendors
- Rules based pricing source hierarchies, price selection/creation and posting
- Facilitates sophisticated reporting and analysis and enables enrichment and cross reference across different systems
- ETL functionality for loading, normalizing and feeding disparate applications
- Reference data reconciliation between multiple systems and data sets
- User defined workflows which enables integration into any new or existing environment