Itiviti and MIK partner to deliver direct OMS connectivity.
What is MIK Fund Solutions?
- MIK is a software development firm, focusing exclusively on the asset management industry
- We specialize in data warehouse, security master, portfolio analysis and reporting solutions
- Our solutions help clients integrate data from multiple sources and convert it into meaningful, interactive information
- We have development and practical business experience across all asset classes
Why does your investment staff need better solutions?
- Each of your third-party vendor systems answers only one part of your portfolio- related questions
- Complex spreadsheets can only take you so far, tend to be cumbersome to maintain and are slow to update as complexity and data volume grows
- Proper data storage allows for improved analysis capabilities and access to data in a disaster recovery situation
- MIK aggregates data from your current systems and then stores, enriches and consolidates it into valuable information that can give your firm an edge
What challenges exist in your current business environment?
- Using Excel for data storage can lead to stale information, as Excel sheets are not always refreshed as data changes in source systems
- Multiple systems can mean multiple points of entry for position, transaction, security master, pricing, f/x rates, etc. Duplicate entry can lead to mismatched data, reporting delays, inaccurate information and errors
- End-of-day reconciliation processes are time-consuming and error-prone. Mistakes not caught in an EOD process have a ripple effect on next day reporting
- MIK can capture, store, integrate and report on data real-time, so that the user has an up-to-the-minute view of the portfolio, with today's activity and market data included
Why do you need MIK as a part of your solution?
- MIK knows that each firm's investment process is unique, and we succeed in customizing the end user's view of the portfolio to this process, not forcing them into a "one-size-fits-all" view
- Data needs to be shared across applications. But before any sharing can occur, cross-referencing, enrichment and data-scrubbing are essential to ensure data quality
- A growing firm needs scalable solutions. Our custom solutions allow for future growth without sacrificing speed, data quality, or data availability
- MIK has extensive experience in aggregating security master, transaction, position and time-series information, automating the processes to share this data across systems and in providing portfolio reporting on the data
Why is MIK better suited to deliver your software solution?
- Your firm benefits from our depth of industry experience in both the time to market and the level of sophistication of your custom solution
- MIK understands hedge fund investment processes and workflows, but we also take time to analyze your investment and business processes, so that we know how you think about data
- MIK doesn't try to re-invent the wheel or supplant other vendors. We know the value of the applications you use and we work with that data
- MIK has experience working with most hedge fund vendors, especially those involved in order management, accounting, risk, administration, prime brokerage and market data.